Tuesday 13 September 2016

The important of first job

When I finally finished my studies of years, I was eager to launch my first job where in fact it is more of launching a new life out of your comfort zone. Yes, it is the time you starting on your own, putting your thought process in selecting the company, the job function and the career path that you want to build on. You will almost felt very stressful in the whole process because deep down, you know, you are the one who bear the good and bad in your own decision this time. There is a lot of pressures and very little opportunities in the world today for the new generations. Yes, our lives have been better off with new technology and the comfort of our lives, but it comes with much bigger expectations to perform well.

When I finally landed my first job, I was indeed in joy because I know I was secure with a job that could help me pay bills. After working for almost 7 years in the industry, my life is indeed in a very different place from where I have first set out. I wanted to take time to reflect how my first job had lead me to now and to share with readers whom in the midst to set off in the race rat:

1) My CV is build on my first job

When I look on my CV, I realized the jobs that I have wrote inside was a consequent of my first job. The following jobs were the same industries, same job functions. I realized when you started off after studies, you will work hard to perform well on your first job, because there is this rat race spirit that pull you in, and along the line, you have decided to stick on the industries and job. In addition, your life is also pack with getting together with new colleagues, catching up with friends to talk about the new jobs and slowly, your social life makes you pretty busy. When you finally decided to change job, without a doubt, you will choose a similar job.

2) My life long peers were found from the first work place

I was lucky to have my first job where I have peers of my same age and as fresh graduates. It is easy for us to become friends as we all share same challenges of work place and together we help each other along the way. It is very important to have peers that you could discuss with in your work place so you know you are not alone in the rat race. Your peers might not be able directly helping you in your everyday work place, but it is important to have someone to share your cases and your achievements as a fresh graduates.

3) My external characters were build by the industry

Have you ever heard people label people according to the industry they worked in? Example, IT people is direct and easy going, while finance people is calculative ? To some extend, its quite truth. Before I joined the industry, I was more of an extrovert person, dislike rules and dislike details. But thanks to the industry, it had shaped me vigorously. I am in the finance industry where it had taught me to look at thing in details, plan before you execute a decision, and follow through the rules strictly.

Happy working newbies !


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this.
    Our manufacturing facility is equipped with high power state-of-the-art German Rofin laser cutting which is the pinnacle of technology in terms of precision, quality and performance. Our Laser machine cuts acrylic up to 20 mm thick.
    Laser cut acrylic


    ReplyDelete