Tuesday 13 September 2016

Confession of an alcoholic


No one sets out to be an alcoholic. It’s certainly wasn’t part of my life plan, but it happened anyway. Luckily I was one of the fortunes one. I got help and was able to stop, which was when the real issue of growing up began.

It was at 2007, I was at my third year of works, feeling young and stupid. I have no idea why I got myself so stress up with works and many things in life. I was also struggling with my weight, as I easily gain weights at that time. To look good at works and in front of my peers, I struggle a lot to maintain my ideal weights. I skip dinner every day and down with 3 can of beers in hope I could sheer some weights. I do that for almost half a year, and that’s when my life suffers without alcohol.

I got till a point where my skin begins to show rashness due to lack of nutrient and too much of alcohol in my body. But that did not stop me from drinking. Drinks happened every day for me, happy hour with colleagues, catching up with friends and, skipping dinner with beers.

I got till the point, I know I need help to stop drinking. The trigger point is when on a particular weekday, I was meeting up a friend for late dinner. And without a doubt, we have alcohol again. I couldn’t stop drink if I have first drink. There will be second drink and so on. And at the end of the dinner, I was drunk but my face doesn’t’ turn red. That’s me. We parted and I went to my car which parked outside road side. I couldn’t even open my car and felt on the road side, sleeping.

Yes, and there a big truck that was passing by and he stopped and helped. When I was sober, he told me he thought I was like a garbage black plastic bag on the road side because I was wearing black shirt and long paint that night. Luckily, he took another look, else, I will be cemented through his big truck. He called my friend to come and pick me up and the rest is history. I was lucky that night, nothing happened.

Don’t drink like a fish, people. Don’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment